Terms & Conditions
Our terms and conditions include [but are not limited to] those set out on this page. By placing an order with privatesignings.org, you agree to abide by our terms and conditions. Privatesignings.org reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time by updating this page. See the Send-in page for specific terms regarding the send-in service however, it is included here for completeness and the following information applies to all regardless.
Payment & Shipping:
All fees (including signature and postage fees) are to be paid for in full prior to the signing, at our stated rates. An order for an autograph is deemed to have been placed with us upon completing our online checkout process. It is the buyers responsibility to check for and correct any errors, the opportunity for which will be provided at checkout. You will receive an acknowledgement email upon completion of checkout.
We reserve the right to refuse acceptance of/or cancel an order if:
- The required item is no longer available or the private signing has completed.
- We have been unable to obtain authorisation for your payment.
- There is a pricing or description error.
- If you do not meet any eligibility criteria set out in our terms and conditions.
- The buyer is liable for any and all taxes and / or duties imposed by their respective country and the UK.
Copyright & License:
The buyer is paying for signatures only. All image copyright remains the intellectual property of the originator of said image. In the case of purchasing art prints, the copyright for the image remains with the artist.
No part of this Website may be reproduced or stored within any other website, nor included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without the express prior written permission of privatesignings.org.
We will endeavour to ensure this website is available 24 hours a day however, we will not be held liable in any way if the site is down for whatever reason, for however long a period. We reserve the right to suspend the site without notice, be it for routine maintenance, system failure or reasons beyond our control.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
Refunds will not be given unless the signing itself is cancelled. In such circumstances, privatesignings.org will attempt to process all refunds of signature fees within 10 working days (excluding any bank / merchant timeframes). Shipping costs for send-in items will not be refunded.
At privatesignings.org, we try to keep our carbon footprint as low as possible and therefore recycle wherever possible. Our packaging is designed to ensure you receive your signatures in pristine condition and we are committed to recycle packaging whenever we can.
The terms and conditions set out within the privatesignings.org website are governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. Any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English (UK) courts.
Privatesignings.org are proud to be able to provide the opportunity to collectors to send in their personal items for signing. Privatesignings.org reserve the right to dictate what can and cannot be sent in for signing on a event by event basis. Please ensure you read descriptions of each individual signing event for specific terms.
Privatesignings.org protects the interests of not only our clients but our customers also. We will provide care for your items as though they were our own, however, please ensure you pay particular mind to the following:
Notes for Packaging:
- All send-in items must include return name and address details. Your item(s) will be returned to you in the same packaging it came in.
- Paid return postage should be included with every send-in item(s).
- Ensure you include a name and address label (a post-it will suffice) on the reverse of the item itself, in case the item becomes separated from the return packaging.
- Weight of packaging is crucial. If you send your item(s) in bomb-proof boxes, tubes, etc. the return postage will be considerably higher. Please make sure you have paid the correct return postage (and included it with the send-in item).
Notes for Items:
- Please add a post-it note to the front of your item (with a directional arrow) pointing to where you would like the autograph placed. If this is not present, the signer will use their discretion. Though you are asked at check-out to confirm pen colour choice, it doesn’t hurt to restate it here on the post-it
- Use the same post-it (if possible) to state your personalisation message. Again, whilst you’ll be asked to do this at check-out, having it on the post-it will ensure no problems occur when it comes to the time of signing.
- If you are sending your item in a top-loader or similar, please include a name and address label on this in addition to the label on the item, to ensure both are returned to you.
- Add a brief description of the item you are sending in at point of check out. Basically, the more info that ties your name and address back to the item, the better!
Whilst we pride ourselves in ensuring all items are returned to the sender in exactly the same condition as they were sent to us, all items are sent to us at the owners risk. privatesignings.org cannot be held responsible for damaged or lost items. If you require tracking / signed for, ensure that this is paid for prior. In the event of any mistakes or errors (including spelling errors, smudges, creases, placement and colour errors) privatesignings.org will attempt to rectify the issue where possible but cannot be held liable in the first instance.
And finally, by placing an order with privatevatesignings.org, you are accepting these terms and conditions.
The terms and conditions set out herein are effective as of the year two thousand and twenty (2020).